Once you have completed your invoice, you can easily preview and send your invoice.
If you would like your invoices to be sent from your own email account, validate your email address in Invoice Settings from the main menu. See “Invoice Settings” section of this guide.
Preview your invoice
- Once you have pressed save, this will take you to a preview screen where you can see how your invoice will appear to your client.
- If you would like to go back to make changes, just tap on the edit icon at the top right of your sceen to go back to the invoice screen.
- To exit and return to your invoice list, tap on the cross at the top left and your invoice will appear at the top of the list with an Open status.
- To preview your invoice: Once you have pressed save click on preview on the bottom left of the screen, this will download a preview of your invoice.
- To save your invoice: Press save, this takes you back to the invoice list.
Create a link to send to your customer
If you would like to text or email your customer with a link to their invoice, click on “Get share link” on your desktop or tap on the two green lines above the send button and select “Get share link”, this will copy into your device clipboard.
Send your invoice by email
In Invoice Settings, set up a default email address for you to receive a blind copy of your invoices.
Press “Send”, from here you can select one of two options, either a Standard template which you can edit when sending each invoice or if you have a paid subscription, you can choose your own custom email which you have created in Templates & Brands.
Available on Solo, Pro and Prime plans.
- Click on “Custom”.
- The fields underneath are prefilled with the information you entered in Templates & Brands.
- The message and the default fields can be easily changed by tapping on the message itself.
- Click on “Standard”.
- To: this will be pre-filled with the client details you entered when you added your client to Fiskl, this can be easily changed by editing the field.
- To add an additional email. Add a space at the end of the first email and add the new email address.
- Subject: Automatically filled with suggested text, again, this can be changed.
- Message: Automatically pre-filled with suggested text, to personalise your message tap in message and edit or delete where appropriate.
Press “Send” when you are ready to send your invoice.
From the Sending options screen you can schedule automated overdue reminders.
Emails received by your clients
On Solo, Pro and Prime plans, within clients you can add default email addresses for the contacts you’d like to automatically send a copy or blind copy of an invoice. See clients section of this guide for more information.
Once you have pressed “Send” your client will receive an email which will appear in their inbox with your company name and will, by default, originate from email@example.com email address. The summary of the invoice and the invoice itself will be attached.
You can easily whitelist your email so the invoices are sent using your own email address. See “Whitelist your email domain” section of this knowledge base.
Send using your preferred messaging app
Available on Solo, Pro and Prime plans
A how-to video on sending your invoice via a messaging app.
On mobile, in the preview screen select the green icon next to “Send” and select your preferred messaging app, for example iMessage, WhatsApp, Telegram, Slack and more.
Your requested App will open with the link to the invoice attached ready for you to add your own message and send.