Payments made via a payment gateway will automatically get recorded against your invoice and any fees will be saved individually within Expenses.
Pay by direct debit
- Send your client an invoice with GoCardless as the payment option. See Invoices section for more details.
- Your customer will complete the bank debit form and Fiskl will notify you once the customer mandate for the payment is authorized.
- Once authorised, your customer will not need to fill in any forms to pay and you can take payments from your customers from within Fiskl invoice section.
- We will notify your customers every time a new payment is taken.
- We will link to the Payment in GoCardless so you can see the status every step of the way.
Pay by credit card or bank transfer
Your client can easily pay you using their credit card, bank transfer or cash.
- Once you have sent your invoice, your client will receive an email or notification with the invoice attached.
- Your client opens the invoice and if a Payment Gateway has been selected, your client clicks on the relevant payment option above the invoice and is taken to a dialogue box requesting payment details.
- Clients can change the payment amount should they wish to just pay a portion of the total amount owing. The invoice will reflect the new totals.
- You’ll then receive a notification in the notifications bar that your invoice has been paid along with email confirmation.
- Your invoice is then automatically changed to Paid.
If for any reason the payment fails, you will receive notification and the invoice status will be changed to sent.
Pay by cash or other method
If your client would like to pay using another method, ie cash, you can record the payment manually. Please see Record a payment section within this guide.
If you’d like to set up a Payment Schedule for your clients, within the invoice simply click on “Add payment schedule” or, on mobile, tap on the two green lines by the invoice total to pull up the “Add payment schedule” screen. When your client receives an invoice, they will be able to pay by the agreed instalments.
Solo, Pro and Prime subscriptions can set automatic invoice reminders when sending your invoice so you always get paid on time.