Fiskl has partnered with GoCardless to offer the safest and most affordable way to pay invoices using GoCardless innovative bank to bank payment system.
With GoCardless you can invoice and get paid from international clients including UK, USA, the Eurozone, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand and Canada and we support GBP, EUR, SEK, DKK, AUD, NZD, CAD and USD currencies.
How does GoCardless work?
You can collect one-off or regular payments through Fiskl by connecting your existing GoCardless account or creating a new GoCardless account within Fiskl’s integration page.
What kind of payments is it good for?
They are particularly good for:
- Regular payments (e.g., subscriptions or regular donations)
- Customers with an ongoing relationship (e.g., account customers)
- Invoicing for services (e.g., accountancy, tax advice, etc.)
What kind of payments isn’t it good for?
- Transactions which need an instant clearing (e.g., e-commerce)
- High-value, one-off payments for liquid goods (e.g., gold bullion)
- Transactions likely to experience chargebacks (e.g., gambling)
Alongside GoCardless, if you need to ship quickly or receive payment by credit card, you can use the other payment gateways provided by Fiskl. See Payment Integrations section for more details.
When do I receive my payment?
Once you have created your GoCardless account Fiskl will monitor the status of your account and as soon as it’s approved you will be able to begin taking payments from within Fiskl.
Unlike card payments, Direct Debits don’t clear instantly. GoCardless will automatically pay out funds to your specified bank account 2 working days after they’re collected from your customer. Click here for more details about GoCardless payment timings.
GoCardless payments are based on the Direct Debit system and may take several days to be paid out.
What types of payments can I collect?
You can collect one-off, regular or variable Direct Debit payments via normal invoices, recurring invoices or scheduled payment invoices created in Fiskl.
How does the payment process work?
- Using Fiskl you issue your client an invoice with GoCardless as the payment option. Your customer will complete the bank debit form and Fiskl will notify you once the customer mandate for the payment is authorized.
- Once authorised, your customer will not need to fill in any forms to pay and you can take payments from your customers from within Fiskl invoice section.
- We will notify your customers every time a new payment is taken.
- We will link to the Payment in GoCardless so you can see the status every step of the way.
How does my customer authorise a payment?
Your customer only needs to authorize the first payment via the invoice payment page. Following invoices will not require your customers to authorize the payment as long as their mandate is still valid.
GoCardless will notify your customer each time a payment is taken.
How do I add my customers?
You add your customers within Fiskl and invoice them to initiate the payment flow.
Fiskl is planning to allow you to import existing customers and their mandates from GoCardless and to also export your current customers to GoCardless.
To find out more about adding clients to Fiskl please see the Clients section of this knowledge base.
Can I set payments to start and end on a particular date?
You can create a recurring invoice scheduled to start on a particular date and run for a configured period. See Recurring invoices section for more details.
How do I know if I’ve been paid?
Fiskl and GoCardless will email you when you have been paid. Fiskl will also send out push notifications to your Android or iOS Fiskl application and include a notification in the dashboard.
The invoices in Fiskl will also include the Payment, fees, status and link to the payment in GoCardless
All notifications for your payments can also be found at the top right of the homescreen. Fiskl will keep you informed every step of the way.
Will you ever place limits on my account?
There are certain situations where it may be necessary to place restrictions on your account:
- Where we believe that there may be a breach in the security of your account details;
- Where we suspect the unauthorised or fraudulent use of your account;
- Where we are required to by law.
If we ever do have to do this, rest assured we will notify you as soon as possible and make sure that there is always someone you can talk to to help resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
Are there limits on how much I can invoice using GoCardless?
There are no limits on how many transactions you can make.
There is, however, a limit on the maximum amount that can be collected in a single transaction. These are:
- UK £5000 GBP (with a minimum transaction amount of £1)
- USA $5000 USD
- Australia $10,000 AUD
- New Zealand $10,000 NZD
- Canada $5,000 CAD
- Eurozone €5000 EUR
- Sweden kr.50,000 SEK
- Denmark kr.50,000 DKK
GoCardless may be able to increase these limits with additional verification checks.
How much will it cost?
Fiskl accounts on the Free plan will have an additional 0.6% app fee added. For all other accounts there is no app fee added by Fiskl.
- US – https://gocardless.com/en-us/pricing/
- Canada: https://gocardless.com/en-ca/pricing/
- New Zealand: https://gocardless.com/en-nz/pricing/
- Europe & UK: https://gocardless.com/pricing/
For more information please see the GoCardless International payments FAQ
Please check the pricing in your region carefully and pay particular attention to international pricing as this differs from transactions in your account country.
In GoCardless pricing see the i for a clear break down of pricing.
Further information for your customers
If you would like to send your customers further information about GoCardless, please click here for the Customer FAQs.