You can easily create a recurring invoice which will be sent automatically or if you prefer, manually.
- Go to invoices on the main menu and click on the add new button.
- Assign a client to your invoice.
- Click on the invoice setting icon and select “Make recurring”
- For web users: Click on “Enable Recurring Invoice”.
- Enter the date when you’d like your first invoice to be sent.
- Using the drop-down arrow, select how often you’d like the invoice to be sent, or create a custom interval.
- If you would like to stop the invoices after a certain number have been sent, check the “Days remaining and edit it”. If invoices are ongoing, leave unchecked.
- If you need to change the default email address and text, select “Show email info” and customize email.
- To send invoice automatically, ensure “Send invoices automatically” is selected.
- To send recurring invoices manually, ensure “Create draft invoices and send manually” is selected.
- For mobile users: save at the top right of your screen.
- Continue to create your invoice (for further information go to Creating a new invoice section in this guide).
- Once invoice is created, click “Save” to save invoice ready for scheduling later.
- To send the recurring invoices automatically, click on “Start”. Your invoice will be sent automatically, and you’ll receive a notification when the next one will be sent.
- If you selected to send manually, click “Start” to create a new invoice, go back to the invoice list and see that this has changed to “Creating soon”. A new open invoice will be created to send manually.
- Once the invoice has been sent, the status of the invoice will change to “Sent” and your next schedule invoice will appear with the date for the next invoice to send.
- If you “Paused” (Saved) your recurring invoice and would like to schedule it, click on the invoice from the invoice list, and click “Start”. This schedules it as planned and the status will change to “Scheduled”.
To disable your recurring invoice, simply go to “Make recurring” in Invoice Settings and click on “Disable Recurring invoice”.