Using Intelligent Learning software on your mobile, Fiskl allows you to capture and attach receipts to your expenses no matter where you are.
Attach your receipts
You will initially be taken to the scanning screen to capture your receipts, Fiskl will request access to your camera. If you do not wish to capture the receipt, select “Skip photo”.
To scan a single page receipt
single pagescan will be selected by default. If using an Android device, hold the phone over the entire receipt and allow Fiskl to scan it, for Iphone users, align the phone to the receipt and press the take picture button within the app.
- Once it has finished scanning it will automatically take you to the “Add new expense” screen.
- The scanned receipt will then be attached and the vendor, total and date will be
To add a multiple page receipt
- Tap on multiple at the bottom of the screen, capture your expenses by tapping the take picture button in the app.
- Once you have all your pages captured, tap on continue at the top right of the screen. This will take you to the “Add new expenses” screen.
To import a receipt
- Tap on import icon at the bottom left of the screen, then choose the relevant photo/s from your device. This will then be attached to the “Add new expenses” screen.
Once you have attached your receipts or simply pressed “Skip photo” you will be taken to the “Add new expense” screen. There, you will see your receipt, or if your receipt has multiple pages then just slide your finger across the two dots to go between pictures. Drag the green bar downwards to view the scanned copy of the receipt in full.
Within the Add new expense screen, simply drag or select a file from your computer. If your document is a Microsoft Office document (ie Excel) convert your file to PDF before attaching it. Supported files are .png, .pdf and .jpg.
If you used your mobile to capture your receipts then some of the fields will already be pre-filled.
- Vendor: Company that you bought the item from.
- Date: This is the date when the item was purchased.
- Category: To help you identify where your money is being spent, tap on the down arrow to select a category relating to the type of expense.
- Currency: By default this is the currency which was selected in Company Settings, to change this just tap on the currency icon to make your selection.
- Negative expense: If you would like to add a negative expense total simply enter the total number, on mobile, add “-” after the figure, on desktop add “-” before it. All the calculations will be done for you.
- Expense Total: This is the total of your expenses inclusive of Tax/VAT.
Expense included tax: To add tax which is already included in the expense, tap on the “Included taxes”
- Automated taxes: Make sure your default tax type is set in Company Settings (see Manage your tax settings section in this guide), Fiskl will always calculate the taxes automatically simply click on “Automated”, for your first expense, click on “edit” to add your default taxes, you’ll then see the amount against each tax along with the subtotal. Fiskl will continue to use these automated taxes for all expenses going forwards. It’s easy to change your taxes simply by clicking “edit”.
- Manually add taxes: Add taxes manually if taxes are applied only to certain items or the expense has multiple tax types Click on “Add manually” and select your taxes.
Add a client and invoice specific tax: Tap on client to open up the fields for adding a client and any invoice specific tax.
- Client: Select the down arrow to select your client, if your client doesn’t appear in this list you can add a new one by clicking “add new client” (for more details around adding a new client, please see client section within this guide).
- Invoice Specific Tax: This is the tax type, ie, Multiple or Compound which is to be applied to your invoice. To change your Tax type options, go to Company Settings (go to Managing your taxes section of this guide).
Description: This is an open field for a brief description of what the expense is and, if required, a justification.