To add a new product or service
- Tap “add new item” within your quote.
- Select the Product & Service icon this will take you to the add new product/service screen.
- Select required product or service tab.
- Enter your information
- To save your new product or service, tap Save at the top of the screen. This will save in your Products and Services menu too.
- Click on the item type, Product or Service.
- Click on the down arrow for a list of products or services (depending on your type selection).
- Scroll to the end and select “Add as a new item”, this will bring up a pop up box for you to complete (not all fields are mandatory).
You can also add or edit the main details of your product or service directly in the fields within the Quote Line items section.
You will then be asked to complete the following (not all fields are mandatory):
- Type: This is autofilled with either Product or Service.
- Name: This is the name of your product or service.
- Unit: This is the unit of the product or service, eg: “Pack of 6 bottles” for a single unit – “litre” or for service “hour”.
- Currency: This is selected by default using the information provided in company settings. To change the currency for this particular product or service, click on the down arrow next to currency.
- Price/rate: This is the price of the product or service per unit.
- Invoice specific Tax: This is the tax type, ie, No Tax, Standard, Multiple or Compound which is to be applied to your invoice. If you haven’t set your Invoice Specific Tax in Company Settings, you can go to Invoice Settings and make the switch. See Manage your taxes section in this guide
- To create a new tax, click on “add new tax”, a pop up box will appear, type the name of your new tax/VAT and the percentage. Press save, your new tax will be shown in your tax list going forwards.
- Add supporting documents for your new product: Add either a photo of your product direct from your mobile or documents from your desktop.
- Import photo: You can import a product photo from your phone (you will be asked for permission for Fiskl to access your photos):
- Tap on the “Import photo button”, this takes you to your mobile photo album, select your photo and it’ll be added.
- Photos can be deleted by tapping on the delete icon.
- Take picture: You can take a picture and upload it directly into the app (you will be asked for permission for Fiskl to access your camera):
- Simply tap on the “Take picture” button, this goes directly to your phone camera (if you haven’t already granted Fiskl access to your camera – a pop up box will appear requesting access).
- Take photo, from here you can either re-take or use the photo, once you’re happy it’ll be added to your product details.
To add a document (eg Product specification), drag and drop or select files from your computer, if your document is a Microsoft Office document, convert it to a PDF before attaching it. Supported files are: .png, .pdf, .jpg.
- Description: This is an open ended text box for you to enter a description of your product.
- Invoice specific quantity: This is the quantity of units which you are charging on this quote.
Once complete, press save.