To add a new expense to your invoice:
Tap “add new item” within your invoice, then select the Expense icon to create a new expense.
You will initially be taken to the scanning screen to capture your receipts, Fiskl will request access to your camera. If you do not wish to capture the receipt, select “Skip photo”.
To scan a single page receipt
- The single page scan will be selected by default. If using an Android device, hold the phone over the entire receipt and allow Fiskl to scan it, for Iphone users, align the phone to the receipt and press the take picture button within the app.
- Once it has finished scanning it will automatically take you to the “Add new expense” screen.
- The scanned receipt will then be attached and the vendor, total and date will be auto filled.
To add a multiple page receipt
- Tap on multiple at the bottom of the screen, capture your expenses by tapping the take picture button in the app.
- Once you have all your pages captured, tap on continue at the top right of the screen. This will take you to the “Add new expenses” screen.
To import a receipt
- Tap on import icon at the bottom left of the screen, then choose the relevant photo/s from your device. This will then be attached to the “Add new expenses” screen.
Once you have attached your receipts or simply pressed “Skip photo” you will be taken to the “Add new expense” screen. There, you will see your receipt, or if your receipt has multiple pages then just slide your finger across the two dots to go between pictures. Drag the green bar downwards to view the scanned copy of the receipt in full.
Click on the item type, Expenses, this will pull up a list of all unbilled expenses relating to your client, then select “Add as a new item”, a pop up box will appear for you to complete.
You can also add or edit the main details of your expense directly in the fields within the invoice line items section.
If you used your mobile to capture your receipts then some of the fields will already be pre-filled.
- Vendor: Company that you’re sending the quote/invoice to.
- Date: This is the date when the item was purchased.
- Category: To help you identify where your money is being spent, tap on the down arrow to select a category relating to the type of expense.
- Currency: By default this is the currency which was selected in Company Settings, to change this just tap on the down arrow to make your selection. If the selected currency is different to the Invoice total then the exchange rate will appear under the item on the Invoice. On web, you can change the exchange rate by clicking on the exchange rate under price/rate.
- Expense Total: This is the total of your expenses inclusive of Tax/VAT.
- Included taxes:
- Automated taxes: Make sure your default tax type is set in Company Settings (see Manage your tax settings section in this guide), Fiskl will always calculate the taxes automatically simply click on “Automated”, for your first expense, click on “edit” to add your default taxes, you’ll then see the amount against each tax along with the subtotal. Fiskl will continue to use these automated taxes for all expenses going forwards. It’s easy to change your taxes simply by clicking “edit”.
- Manually add taxes: Add taxes manually if taxes are applied only to certain items or the expense has multiple tax types Click on “Add manually” and select your taxes.
- Invoice Specific Tax: This is the tax type, ie, Multiple or Compound which is to be applied to your quote. To change your Tax type options, go to Company Settings (go to Manage your tax settings section of this guide).
- Description: This is an open field for a brief description of what the expense is and, if required, a justification.