From within your invoice, you can easily add your new time:
Tap on “Add new” to select Time.
Time: Tap on the counter, type in the relevant figure for the time you would like to record (eg. type the number of hours in the hour section), if you wish to reset the counter back to 00:00:00 press the reset button.
Click on the item type, Time, this pulls up a list of all Time items relating to your client, then select “Add as a new item”, this will bring up a pop up box for you to complete (not all fields are mandatory):
You can also add or edit the main details of your time directly in the fields within the Invoice Line items section.
- Name: If you have saved a custom name template in Company Settings then this will automatically be completed otherwise add the name of your piece of work (eg Project support). See Company Settings in this guide for more information.
- Total time: Enter the total time you would like to bill in HHH:MM.
- Start/End time: To enter a start and end time, switch toggle on to enter the times.
- Date: Click on the calendar to select the date for when your time started.
- Billing unit and rate: This is in hours by default.
- Currency: This is by default your currency which has been entered in Company Settings, this can be changed by clicking the down arrow to select preferred currency.
- Price/rate: This is auto-filled from your User Preferences. To change simply type in the field.
- Invoice specific Tax: This is the tax type, ie, No Tax, Standard, Multiple or Compound which is to be applied to your invoice. If you haven’t set your Invoice Specific Tax in Company Settings, you can go to Invoice Settings and make the switch. See Managing your taxes section in this guide.
- Description: This is an open field for you to provide a brief description of the work completed.
- Add supporting documents/pictures: If you are required to add a document (eg timesheet) you can add an photo from your mobile or a document from your desktop:
Import photo: You can import a photo from your phone (you will be asked for permission for Fiskl to access your photos):
- Tap on the “Import photo” button, this takes you to your mobile photo album, select your photo and it’ll be added.
- Photos can be deleted by tapping on the delete icon
Take picture: You can take a picture and upload it directly into the app (you will be asked for permission for Fiskl to access your camera):
- Simply tap on the “Take picture” button, this goes directly to your phone camera (if you haven’t already granted Fiskl access to your camera – a pop up box will appear requesting access).
- Take photo, from here you can either re-take or use the photo, once you’re happy it’ll be added to your time details.
Simply drag or select a file from your computer. If your document is a Microsoft Office document (ie Excel) convert your file to PDF before attaching it. Supported files are .png, .pdf and .jpg.
- When finished entering all your time information simply press save.